I am delighted to have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Lydia of My Feather Quill. I started this blog as an outlet for my feelings on the books I had read, hoping to start a community of people who would love talking about their top 100 favourite books (whether they are classics or not) and their quest to find them. It is still very new, yet I have found myself completely immersed in the blogs of others I have found along the way. The community is there and my blog is but one facet of it.
Here are the rules:
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- Display the Award logo on your blog/post
- Answer the 10 random questions or make up your own questions/facts about yourself – I have decided to go with my own invented number list to mix it up a bit.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the Award and link their blog sites (see below).
- Notify the bloggers of their award – if they want to carry on the Award, by answering their own 10 questions, that’s great if not there is no obligation to do so, sometimes it’s just nice to hear that you are appreciated
My nominees are as follows:
– My Feather Quill (in return, but it is a great blog!! 🙂 )
[Apologies in advance if some of you have more than the prescribed number of followers – it can be quite hard to see on some pages]
10 favourite things to do: Read, write, draw, run, eat sushi, daydream, troll on Twitter, watch movies, smooch my fiance, play with dogs.
9 favourite foods: Sushi, soup, pasta, seafood, stew, pomegranates, melons, mash, roast chicken.
8 of my favourite songs: Kashmir by Led Zeppelin, A New Error by Moderat, Salt Sweat Sugar by Jimmy Eat World, Babel by Mumford and Sons, The Clincher by Chevelle, The Tourist by Radiohead, Shiver by Coldplay, And so it Goes by Bob Dylan (subject to change at any point).
7 of my favourite authors: Julian Barnes, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Salman Rushdie, Alessandro Barriccio, Alain de Botton, Michael Ondaatje, Henry Miller
6 things that annoy me: Lies, injustice, selfishness, disrespect, arrogance, getting out of bed before I’m ready.
5 things that make me laugh: my cat Abra, QI, my office banter, Gordon Ramsey (although it can be more of a howl of disbelief), laughing on my back – I could suffocate on my own laughter when it happens.
4 fears: heights, violence, snakes, rodents
3 wishes: a life full of love, the freedom to write all day, a chance to see the world.
2 of my heroes: my mom and the man I am going to marry (soppy, huh?). At the risk of sounding overly sentimental, they have both saved me at some point or another.
1 secret: I took a day off of work to read the end of the Twilight series. How will I live with the shame??!